Seventh Day Studio
Our address is 39 Boston Rd, Grafton, Auckland
We are open 5 days a week, Tuesday to Saturday. Our hours are 11am-6pm. We close Friday if it is after a Flash Thursday, which is once a month
Best way is to come see us at the studio, print out any reference you may have, and you can do a consultation with our shops admin. There we can discuss the details of your tattoo including a quote. If your happy with everything, you can then pay a deposit of $100 to secure a date and time for an appointment with one of our artist. Designs are drawn on the day of your appointment. That way, you and the artist can collaborate on the design.
It is to ensure that you turn up for your appointment. If failed to do so, you will automatically lose your deposit. The $100 will come off the total cost of your tattoo.
If you cancel in the five days leading up to your appointment, or the day of your appointment, then your deposit will be non-refundable and in order to rebook, you will be required to come in and pay another $100 deposit. If you cancel before the five days leading to your appointment, you may be refunded 50% of your deposit
We charge by the design. Depending on details, size, etc
Our minimum fee is $150, which goes towards disposables and setting up
Being well rested the night before your appointment is vital. You will find your pain tolerance is a lot higher when you are feeling at your best. Have a good breakfast and stock up on sugar as it will prevent you from fainting.
Anyone is welcome to come along with you, but they will have to wait in the foyer during your session as we would prefer to work without distractions.
A signed consent from your parent or caregiver is required if you are under the age of 18. Studio policy.
Flash Thursday is a creative outlet which allows artists at Seventh Day Studio to express their individual artistry by creating new, original designs and happens on the first Thursday of every month.
There will be one-off designs up on the wall that you can browse and choose from. Once you choose a design you like we will require a $100 deposit. This puts you on the waiting list for the day. You can either chill out at the studio or leave your number for us to give you a call back when we’re ready for you.
We operate on a first come, first serve basis and doors will be open in the afternoon from 12 pm – onwards. The earlier you come the more designs there will be available as they are one-offs.
The designs are to be as they are seen on the wall so there are to be no alterations of any kind.
Each design is priced depending on size and level of detail. Prices are non-negotiable and will be labelled next to each design. Prices vary from $150 (shop’s minimum) – $800.
No, as this defects the whole purpose of getting a spontaneous tattoo from the day. Designs will only be seen on the day. We will not be posting any of our flash designs on social media.
There are some limited on-street parks, however we would recommend that you get someone to drop you off or use public transport.
Yes, you must be 18 years of age or older in order to get a tattoo. If you are 16 or over you must have a parent or legal guardian in attendance with you. Bring proof of age with you as you will be asked for ID (don’t be offended, take it as a compliment).
If you are planning on getting a design, make sure to have cash on hand to avoid hassle as we won’t accept eftpos. We also advise having a good meal beforehand.
Yes, friends are welcome but they’re unable to come into the booth while you’re being tattooed as it causes a distraction. Please note that if you are caught taking photos of our designs on the wall you will be asked to leave.
TATTOO AFTERCARE INSTRUCTIONS
Always wash your hands before touching your tattoo
- Remove bandage within 24-36 hours after getting your tattoo. Do not re-bandage.
- Wash your tattoo with an anti-bacterial liquid soap. Be gentle, do not use a washcloth or anything that will exfoliate your tattoo. Wash then pat dry with paper towels
- Rub a small amount of ointment on your tattoo. You may use Bepanthem, A&D, or Tattoo Lube. You want the thinnest amount possible. Wash, dry and apply ointment 3-5 times daily, as needed.
- Wear clean, soft clothing over your tattoo for the first 2 weeks– nothing abrasive or irritating. For a foot tattoo: go barefoot as much as possible. If you must wear shoes, first wrap your clean tattoo in saran wrap, then cover with a clean cotton sock before putting on your shoe. Avoid sandals or flip flops for this period to prevent chafing and damage to the tattoo.
- Your tattoo will begin to peel. This is normal! Do not pick at the skin. Begin using a mild, white, unscented lotion, free of dyes or Perfumes.
- Use lotion for minimum 2 weeks, 1-2 times daily.
Things to avoid:
- Do not pick, scratch, peel, rub or irritate your tattoo.
- You can shower, but you may not soak your tattoo for 2 weeks. No swimming, soaking or hot tub.
- You may not expose your tattoo to the sun for at least 3 weeks, after that you must use sun block.
- Do not wear abrasive materials, jewelry, or shoes that rub against your tattoo.
- Do not let anyone touch your tattoo unless they wash their hands.
- Beware of gym equipment, wash it well before using it.